Bed Bug Exterminator
If you suspect your home may be infected with bed bugs, let Jenkins Pest Control’s professional exterminators come out and inspect your home for these blood sucking insects. Identifying bed bug bites can be very difficult, so don’t take a chance. Bed Bugs are on the rise in the United States and they have already been reported in the San Antonio area. Jenkins Pest Control has been serving San Antonio for 25 years and our professional exterminators can identify and rid your home of bed bugs.
Bed bugs are parasitic arthropods from the family Cimicidae. They are typically less than 1 cm in length and reddish brown in color. Bedbugs can be found in furniture, floorboards, peeling paint, or other small spaces, most commonly in areas of clutter. They come out at night in search of prey upon which to feed, with peak feeding times just before dawn. Bedbugs are typically attracted to body heat, carbon dioxide, vibration, sweat, and odor. Human infestation with bedbugs, lice, and mites are common causes of dermatological symptoms.
Although these organisms thrive in conditions of overcrowding and decreased sanitation, Americans of all socioeconomic backgrounds may be at risk of a bed bug infestation.
Bed bugs are nocturnal insects that feed mostly at night when their hosts are asleep. In the day, they hide in cracks and crevices of walls, bed frames, bookshelves, basically anywhere that gives them easy access to humans, although they are fast moving insects that are able to travel far distances.
Bed bugs bite their hosts by using their sharp beak to pierce the skin and inject their saliva. Like mosquitoes, their saliva contains an anticoagulant (to prevent coagulation of the blood) as they suck and also acts as an anesthetic agent to prevent the victim from feeling the bite. Therefore, while sleeping, humans rarely feel any sensations of being bitten, but will only realize the day after.
Even though bed bugs are really bothersome and considered a nuisance, bed bug bites are fairly harmless and not known to spread diseases. Nonetheless, on very rare occasions an allergic reaction to the bites has caused nausea, sickness and even shock. Some people may also be affected psychologically with an inability to sleep.
- Bed Bugs are flat, brown, wingless and about 1/4 of an inch
- They have 6 legs, shiny reddish-brown but after a good serving of your blood, they appear dark brown and swollen as in the picture below.
- They can be seen with the human eye, but do a great job at hiding
- Bed bugs are not known to carry diseases as of yet
- They feed on human blood preferring to do it in the dark when you’re sleeping
- Simply using chemical treatments will not remove the infestation
- These bugs love to hide in the seams of your mattress including:
- Sofa seams
- Cracks in the bad frame and or head board
- Under chairs, couched, beds and dust covers
- Under rugs, edges of carpets, drawers, baseboards and window casings
- Behind light switches, electrical outlet plates, cracks in plaster
- Televisions, radio clocks and phones
- Backpacks, Sleeping bags, Cloths
- Behind wallpaper, picture frames and other dark areas
Call Bob Jenkins Pest & Lawn Services today
for all your bed bug extermination needs!